The Grenada Olympic Committee is pleased to inform member federations and the general public that the International Olympic Committee in conjunction with the Grenada Olympic Committee will host the Young Ambassadors (YA) Program on the occasion of the second edition of the Summer Youth Olympic Games (YOG), Nanjing 2014.
Olympic Day is the ideal platform to encourage people to become more active while highlighting the benefits of physical activity in general, particularly for young people. It’s an opportunity to learn about the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect as well as to discover new sports. With a strong appeal to young people, Olympic Day is also good opportunity to spread the word about the Youth Olympic Games.
Once registered before June 21st, participants are guaranteed an Olympic Day t-shirt. There will be a cash prize awarded to the group with the most participants to arrive on the day. There will also be a prize of school supplies awarded to the first school group with over 50 participants. A prize will also be awarded to the oldest participant.
Come out and relax in a sporting atmosphere, partake in a game of Mini Tennis or Football or assemble your team for the Tug-O-War competition to win fantastic prizes.
Refreshments will be sale as our Sporting Affiliates will endeavour to raise much needed funds for their athletes.
We look forward to your full cooperation and support in spreading the Olympic message worldwide to promote and implement the theme of “Move, Learn and Discover”.
We encourage all participants to register early. Call the Grenada Olympic Committee for more information on 435- 3015
· Applicants must first apply for the AISTS MSA 2014 programme with the online application form (more information here: www.aists.org/howtoapply)
· Applicants must be a current or former international athlete
· Applicants must prove that they are able to support the cost of living in Lausanne (approx. CHF 2’100 per month), and the cost of travel to Switzerland and back to their country of residence.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED to apply for the AISTS Athlete Scholarship (documents required in the online application form):
· Applicants must indicate expected financial support for all study induced expenses (incl. travel to Switzerland and back, housing, transportation and other additional cost of living).
· Applicants must include supporting documentation confirming their sporting achievements
· Applicants must include a motivation letter to their scholarship application (1 to 2 pages). This letter must be different to the motivation letter submitted with their application to the AISTS MSA.
For additional information on the AISTS Athlete Scholarship, please visit: http://aists.org/scholarships
The AISTS MSA (Master in Sports Administration) is a 1 year post graduate programme taking place in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital. The programme consists of five core discipline namely Management, Law, Technology, Sociology and Medicine with additional trans-disciplinary topics such as event management, anti-doping, sustainability, athlete career optimisation, and venue management to name just a few. The programme is aimed at providing participants with a 360° view of sports administration and equipping them with the skills and knowledge to apply themselves in a wide array of sport related professions.
For additional information on the AISTS MSA programme, please visit, http://aists.org/msa
Special AwardeeMr . Telfor Bedeau: - for his dedication and commitment in the Development of healthy lifestyle practices through hiking and ultimately the development of sports in Grenada.Mr. Norris Forde : -for his dedication , commitment in the development of sports in Grenada, participating Track and Field and Cycling.